Water Damage in Confined Spaces in Knoxville Homes – Call SERVPRO
Water Damage in Crawl Spaces and Attics Present Unique Challenges in Knoxville Homes
Confined spaces are often difficult to enter and exit in Knoxville homes. Entry may be through a small trap door, there is little ventilation, and they are difficult to move around in. Plumbing leaks are common in these areas and may go unnoticed for days or weeks, depending on the size of the leak. These dark, poorly ventilated spaces are perfect for damage to insulation and structures in these spaces.
SERVPRO provides water damage restoration and cleanup in Knoxville and surrounding areas. Confined spaces present additional challenges to anyone entering the space in addition to difficult entry and exit.
- Rodent droppings may be present in attics and crawl spaces.
- Mold may be present in long-term leakage situations (Note mold can begin forming in 24 to 48 hours with the right conditions)
- Gas lines and electrical wiring may be compromised.
- Sewer gas may be present in crawl spaces.
Our SERVPRO technicians have been trained to manage these conditions and utilize the appropriate safety equipment to ensure our employees and residents of the home are safe. While it is tempting for clients to make plumbing repairs and clean up water damage themselves, the potential danger to their health and well-being should be considered.
We utilize various techniques to remove water, lower the humidity, and complete repair to the space affected by water. These include:
- Utilize personal protective gear for safe handling of material
- Verify and correct the cause of water intrusion
- Utilize water extractors – pumps, wands, moisture meters, etc.
- Introduce air movers to provide fresh dry air
- Remove permanently damaged contents, i.e., insulation
- Install dehumidifiers to dry the affected area
- Complete water damage repair and restoration as needed
SERVPRO assesses the situation and prepares recommendations for the client regarding the best approach for water damage in confined spaces.
Call SERVPRO of Rocky Hill / Sequoyah Hills / South Knoxville for water restoration services. We provide service to Knoxville and nearby areas. We can help 24/7. Call (865) 862-8907.