Knoxville Homeowners Eliminate Fire Damage Stains and Odors
Knoxville SERVPRO Fire Damage Mitigation Addresses Stains, Odors, Residues, and Debris
Whether it comes from cooking, electrical component ignition, or even lit candles, residential fire damage can leave behind residues and odors that are challenging to mitigate in full. While wet and dry cleaning options are available for homeowners, a “do-it-yourself” solution does not guarantee that the problems created by smoke damage, namely acidic soot stains and fire odors, can be removed entirely.
SERVPRO fire damage cleanup specialists can restore Knoxville homes to a safe, clean, pre-fire state. Services offered by this Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) accredited firm include debris removal, controlled demolition, sanitation with EPA-registered biocides, odor control, and rebuilding.
What Makes Fire Damage Stains So Difficult to Remove?
Fire and smoke damage cleanup requires a specific level of care that might not be immediately obvious to homeowners seeking to clean their properties themselves. On top of that, cleaning the damage without the right tools and knowledge can cause further damage to structures and contents, which can impact compensation efforts from a home insurance provider.
- Soot clings to a wide array of surfaces. It seeps into porous and unfinished materials and settles in the nooks and crannies. It can also clog up HVAC systems and etch into ceramics and glass without delicate treatment
- Fire damage residues typically require gentle cleaning before moving on to more heavy-duty solutions. Moving from light soils to heavier ones during cleanup minimizes the potential for secondary damages from spreading soot
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) is a must for keeping home occupants safe. Soot and fire odors can heavily impact comfort and indoor air quality. In the event of a fire that required water for fire suppression, there is a chance that mold is present if suppression services were rendered more than 24 to 48 hours before cleanup efforts commenced
Because of the risks, level of care, and potential for secondary damages caused by fire and smoke damage, fire damage restoration specialists are highly recommended for a more comprehensive and safe cleanup after a residential structure fire.
SERVPRO Fire Damage Stain and Odor Removal Tools
SERVPRO fire restoration technicians can respond to residential cleanup calls in as little as several hours. After inspecting the property for damage and formulating a cleanup plan, technicians can:
- Use dry cleaning sponges, Crumbly Cleaner, dust cloths, and gentle agitating tools to dislodge dry soot from surfaces for collection with HEPA-filter vacuums
- Deploy OSHA-approved wet cleaning solutions, including detergents and alkaline cleaners, for more moderate stains and residues from fires
- Eliminate protein residues from burnt meat–typically a result of cooking fires–by turning them into water-soluble byproducts for cleanup by SERVPRO’s enzyme digesters
- Salvage heavily charred wood furniture and structural materials with abrasion cleaning. Soda ash, one of the more commonly-used blast media, also deodorizes to an extent
- SERVPRO odor control with dry solvent-emitting thermal foggers, HVAC system cleanup, and time-release capsules, among other solutions, can eliminate odors on the particle level instead of merely masking them
We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster and ready to serve the community after fire damage strikes. Call SERVPRO of Rocky Hills / Sequoyah Hills / South Knoxville for assistance at (865) 862-8907.